No previous knowledge of Italian is required
This course will prepare you to find your way around Italy and enjoy interacting with its people. It focuses on real, practical situations of Italian daily life, employing a variety of learning materials and videos.
How much ? $210
Where? Italian Cultural Society
4833 Rugby Ave. , Suite #201
Bethesda, MD 20814
When: Saturday and Sunday, from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, over the following 2017 weekends:
To register and pay by credit card online, select one of the course dates above. Or print the Immersion Course flyer on the right, and send with a check to the address provided.
Program of Instruction:
Class activities include strong student participation, cultural presentations, simulations, songs, role playing and many other group activities.
Participants at the end of this course will be able to:
- Introduce themselves
- Go through customs formalities in Italy
- Take public transportation (taxi, bus, train)
- Ask for directions
- Make hotel reservations
- Order at a restaurant
- Rent a car
- Refill your tank
- Buy train tickets, postcards, stamps
- Inquire about prices for food, arts ad crafts, souvenirs, clothing, and shoes!
- Articles: definite/indefinite
- Nouns: gender/number
- Adjectives: possessive/qualitative
- Verbs: present/simple past/commands
Material and Methods
- Songs and Videos.