The Italian Cultural Society of Washington, D.C. is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization. All donations to ICS are 100% tax deductible.
Please, donate to :
1. The Italian Language Program, to support its activities.
2. The Italian Cultural Society, to support the cultural program of the monthly social meeting and Special Events.
- The Maria Guarrera Wilmeth Awards: two awards of $500 each for outstanding Washington metropolitan area high-school students of the Italian language.
- The Elena and Antonio De Luca Award: one $1000 award to be given to an undergraduate or graduate student who has excelled in the study of Latin and/or Greek.
- The Luciana Montanari-Mendola Awards: one $1000 award for an undergraduate or conservatory student showing promise in piano performance and one $350 award for a high-school age pianist showing promise in piano performance. Examples of recordings must accompany your application and must include one piece for solo piano by Frederick Chopin.
- The Ruggiero Moriggi/ Vincenzo Palumbo Artisan Award: one $500 award to be given to a person who has excelled in the fine arts (exclusive of music), or to an artisan who has excelled in a traditional Italian craft (such as ceramics, jewelry, leather-working, furniture-making, musical instruments, lace work, fine fabrics, etc.). Written reviews and/or photographs, etc. of your work must be submitted to the Awards Committee. Age restriction does not apply.
- The Anna Menapace Award: one $300 award to be given to a high-school student who has excelled in the art of painting.
- The Patricia Segnan Award: one $1000 award to be given to an undergraduate or graduate student who has excelled in the study of Art or Art History.
- The young scientist Award: one $1000 award to be given to an undergraduate or graduate student who has excelled in one of the basic sciences: physics, chemistry or biology.